Classical Girl Giving is a program established in late 2016, in which The Classical Girl makes a quarterly donation to dance companies, choreographers and individuals who strive to take ballet out into the world, or use contemporary ballet to deliver important social messages. The program also supports organizations that, in turn, provide financial resources to deserving, self-producing artists. Trying to help make the world a better place through art and dance? Contact us!
- Mark Foehringer Dance Project, “Like an Ox on the Roof” and outreach program
- Reuben Esteban Reynoso, Victoria Treviño, “Ballet Joven, A Mexico City Dance Story”
- Alonzo King LINES Ballet, HeART Residency Program
- Alyssa Mitchel, “The Classroom” dance production
- Dancers’ Group, General Fund
- Miranda Silveira, “Spreading the Love of Dance in the Galapagos” Project
- Alyce Finwall, Moving Arts Foundation and Artist in Residence Program
- Leigh Purtill Ballet Company, “Brave Trails Youth Leadership Camp” fund
- Robert Dekkers, artistic director, Post:ballet
- East Bay Fund for Artists, The McPherson Fund
- Marika Brussel, choreographer, “From Shadows: a ballet on homelessness”
- Amy Seiwert’s Imagery, SKETCH series
- Diablo Ballet, PEEK Extension Program
Want to learn more about this program that rewards dance performance artists who are trying to help spread the art of ballet – contemporary and otherwise – into the world? Click HERE to learn about the giving program’s inception.
Want to match my contribution? My recipients would LOVE it! Send me a message via my “Contact Me” page and I will give you or your company a shout-out here.