Looking for recent posts? Click HERE.
Welcome to The Classical Girl, voted one of Feedspot’s Top Ballet Blogs. If you were drawn to this site it’s possibly for one of the following reasons: you’re interested in ballet; you like classical music, or you play the violin. Or maybe you just want to read something lively and intelligent, with twin dollops of humor and philosophy. Want a sampler? Check out some of my more popular blogs below!
- Green Book and Chopin’s Stunning Étude
- 10 reasons those pointe shoes hurt
- Finnish perfection: the Sibelius Violin Concerto
- 10 odd facts about pointe shoes
- “Clair de Lune” and Ocean’s Eleven
- Ballet class in Paris: I dare you
- The world of million dollar violins
- Mystery revealed: Schubert’s Impromptu No. 3
- 10 reasons ballet dancers hate Black Swan
- Pianist Yuja Wang’s very short dresses and very big talent
- Ohad Naharin’s “Minus 16”
- Hansel & Gretel, “Abendsegen” and 14 angels
And now about my novels, published by Classical Girl Press…
Welcome to the world of the Ballet Theatre Chronicles! Enjoy Off Balance, the first book of the series, for only 99 cents! The second book, Outside the Limelight, was named a Best Book of 2017 by Kirkus Reviews and I’m proud to announce the 2021 release of Ballet Orphans, a prequel to the series. My third novel, A Dancer’s Guide to Africa, is connected Ballet Orphans in a fun way, and it, too, is only 99 cents. Click on the books’ titles to purchase. And stay tuned for a cover reveal on Book 4 of the Ballet Theatre Chronicles, slated to be published in February 2024!
Take a look around, enjoy, cross-pollinate. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if I can feature something performing arts related that you’d love to have more information on. Come visit me on my Classical Girl Facebook page, and if you prefer Twitter, my handle is @classicalgrrl — give me a follow and I’ll follow you back!
Thanks again for stopping by.
The Classical Girl