Looking for recent posts? Click HERE
Welcome to The Classical Girl, voted one of Feedspot’s Top Ballet Blogs. If you were drawn to this site it’s possibly for one of the following reasons: you’re interested in ballet; you like classical music, or you play the violin. Or maybe you just want to read something lively and intelligent, with twin dollops of humor and philosophy. Want a sampler? Check out some of my more popular blogs below!
- Green Book and Chopin’s Stunning Étude
- 10 reasons those pointe shoes hurt
- Ulyana Lopatkina and her Swans
- Finnish perfection: the Sibelius Violin Concerto
- 10 odd facts about pointe shoes
- “Clair de Lune” and Ocean’s Eleven
- Ballet class in Paris: I dare you
- The world of million dollar violins
- Mystery revealed: Schubert’s Impromptu No. 3
- 10 reasons ballet dancers hate Black Swan
- Pianist Yuja Wang’s very short dresses and very big talent
- Ohad Naharin’s “Minus 16”
- Hansel & Gretel, “Abendsegen” and 14 angels
About my novels…
Through the month of April, enjoy my latest, Ballet Orphans, a prequel to the Ballet Theatre Chronicles, for only 99 cents! Check out Off Balance and Outside the Limelight (Books 1 and 2 of the series) as well. My third novel, A Dancer’s Guide to Africa is connected Ballet Orphans in a fun way, and today it’s FREE! Click on the books’ titles to purchase.
Take a look around, enjoy, cross-pollinate. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if I can feature something performing arts related that you’d love to have more information on. Come visit me on my Classical Girl Facebook page, and if you prefer Twitter, my handle is @classicalgrrl — give me a follow and I’ll follow you back!
Thanks again for stopping by.
The Classical Girl