Looking for recent posts? Click HERE
Welcome to The Classical Girl, voted one of Feedspot’s Top Ballet Blogs. If you were drawn to this site it’s possibly for one of the following reasons: you’re interested in ballet; you like classical music, or you play the violin. Or maybe you just want to read something lively and intelligent, with twin dollops of humor and philosophy. Want a sampler? Check out some of my more popular blogs below!
- Green Book and Chopin’s Stunning Étude
- 10 reasons those pointe shoes hurt
- Ulyana Lopatkina and her Swans
- Finnish perfection: the Sibelius Violin Concerto
- 10 odd facts about pointe shoes
- “Clair de Lune” and Ocean’s Eleven
- Ballet class in Paris: I dare you
- The world of million dollar violins
- Mystery revealed: Schubert’s Impromptu No. 3
- 10 reasons ballet dancers hate Black Swan
- Pianist Yuja Wang’s very short dresses and very big talent
- Ohad Naharin’s “Minus 16”
- Hansel & Gretel, “Abendsegen” and 14 angels
Be sure to check out my novels: Off Balance, Book 1 of the Ballet Theatre Chronicles, and Outside the Limelight, Book 2, named one of the Best Books of 2017 by Kirkus Reviews, HERE and HERE respectively. Then there’s my ode to my Peace Corps days with A Dancer’s Guide to Africa (with a nice, long Kindle preview HERE) This month, Off Balance, and A Dancer’s Guide to Africa are only 99 cents. And forthcoming in January 2021, look for Ballet Orphans, a prequel to the Ballet Theatre Chronicles. I can’t wait to share it!
Take a look around, enjoy, cross-pollinate. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if I can feature something performing arts related that you’d love to have more information on. Come visit me on my Classical Girl Facebook page, and if you prefer Twitter, my handle is @classicalgrrl — give me a follow and I’ll follow you back!
Thanks again for stopping by.
The Classical Girl